8 day old embryonic cells

Joan Kalnitsky jkalnits at vt.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:41:38 EST 2005

	 I have a client who would like to use Flow to determine apoptosis
in her embryonic cells.  Her window of experimental time is day 8 and day
9.  Her experience is that something as gentle as PBS lyses her cells
almost immediately.  She is also concerned that multiple washings for a
staining protocol would destroy any cell population she might be able to
collect.
	 My questions are 1) does any one have a method for dissociating
embryonic cells for use in flow cytometry, and 2) does anyone have a
suggestion for which "assay for apoptosis" would be best suited for these
cells.
	 As always, Thanks in advance for any and all offerings of assistance.
	 Joan K.

Joan Kalnitsky
Flow Cytometry Lab Supervisor
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
Duckpond Drive
Blacksburg, Va. 24061
Phone (540) 231-4115

	 "It is better to serve than to receive."  B. Borg