FACSAria service

Bushnell, Timothy Timothy_Bushnell at URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue Nov 8 08:51:44 EST 2005

Hi Robin:

Overall, I feel the service has been excellent.  Even when we were having
significant difficulties with our Aria, my FSE was here or on the phone with
me helping to solve them.

I will admit that I rarely, if ever, call the technical service line.  Early
on, I did have several of the 'we'll call you back' messages, only to get a
call 24-48 hours later.  Thus I decided it was quicker and easier to call my
FSE directly because he'd be the one calling me later anyway.  Cut out the
middleman, so to speak.

That is also why I had started up a second email group,
flowsort at mail.rochester.edu, to offer more immediate help for people
operating sorters.  The list is still around, but has no traffic.  I'd offer
this email group again for those operating sorters, as messages do not
require approval - therefore if you have a problem and shoot it to the list,
perhaps you'll get a response quicker than calling the tech service and
being lost in the shuffle

If you're interested in the flowsort group, just send an email to

majordomo at mail.rochester.edu <mailto:majordomo at mail.rochester.edu>

with the following text in the body of the post

subscribe flowsort <your email address here>

Regards

Tim

Timothy Bushnell, Ph.D.

Director, CPBR Flow Lab

University of Rochester

tel: 585-273-1361

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/Aab/geneped/flow/
<http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/Aab/geneped/flow/>

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/wnyfug/
<http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/wnyfug/>

Use of the return email address on this message for commercial purposes is
prohibited. The transmission of unsolicited commercial material is
prohibited under federal laws (47 USC 227). Civil penalties and claims of
$500.00 per occurrence (47 USC 227[c]) may be assessed for violations.

  _____