FACS-software. .

Houston, Jim Jim.Houston at stjude.org
Fri Nov 4 09:39:10 EST 2005

I agree with Dave on this.

Working in a core facility I see experiments come by me that cost
thousands of dollars just in terms of reagents alone.  These same PI's
are also a bit reluctant to purchase this software as well.  I bill for
my time for output.  The same cost as sorting.	Once they find out what
this cost then the price of the software seems to get a little easier to
swallow.

Dave is right.	We all expect to get cheap deals on software.  We must
remember, if we did not have the third party software venders out there
working on this and making a living on it then we all would be using our
instrument vendor software only.  I shudder at that idea.

My 2 cents.

Jim Houston