Metabolism by flow

Thomas Chiles chilest at bc.edu
Fri Nov 4 05:57:05 EST 2005

Alexander
I do not know of any methods that will allow quantitation of lactate
levels in cells via flow. The problem, in part, is that the rate of
lactate efflux, once produced in the cells, is very rapid and thus, it
is difficult to measure intracellular levels accurately.  Sigma
Diagnostic sells a lactate measurement kit which allow for the
measurement of lactate secreted into the tissue culture medium.  We use
NMR to monitor 13C incorporation into lactate from [1-13C]glucose in B
lymphocytes.

Thomas