FACSAria service

Kristie Gordon kmg2109 at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 3 09:52:53 EST 2005

Robin,
I don't think what you are experiencing is limited to the Aria.  The poor tech support for LSRII and Aria (and I assume Canto) occurs because of several issues.  I think with so many new instruments the volume of calls must be higher.  Rarely does a live tech support person answer the phone anymore,	the call almost always gets bumped to Dispatch.  Then when you finally get a callback from tech support (hours sometimes) they are not knowledgeable on these newer instruments (unlike the Calibur).	Therefore they are incapable of troubleshooting at all and the call must be dispatched to the field service engineer anyway.  This has wasted precious hours and many times I have missed them getting a dispatch to the FSE that same day.	This is made worse if you are on the East Coast where there are very few people in the phone room from 9am-12pm EST, and they don't bother calling back after 5pm EST, or wait until you have safely gone home at 7pm EST to leave a callback message.  This means you must call them back in the morning and start all over again with Dispatch.  Thankfully the instruments and software are much better and I don't need to call as often.

Kristie M. Gordon
Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Department of Medicine
Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
1130 St. Nicholas Avenue Rm938
New York,  New York  10032
212-851-4574
kmg2109 at columbia.edu