Replies for Flow cytometric analysis of nonparenchymal cells isolated from liver tissue with collagenase

wang yilan yilan1012 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Nov 3 09:00:36 EST 2005

Dear flowers,

Thank you for all your suggestions for my question.
Here I collect them as the following:

"William King" <wking at aecom.yu.edu>
Hello Yilan,
I would recommend a product called Accutase and for
tissues, AccuMax. Know that Accutase is much more
gentle than Trypsin. Accutase does not damage surface
antigens and no neutralization is necessary. Accutase
can be purchased from its creator, Innovative Cell
Technologies, or from all the usual suspects, e.g.,
Sigma, eBioscience, Chemicon, and probably many
others.
William

"Corver, W.E. (PATH)" <W.E.Corver at lumc.nl>
Dear Yilan,
Use trypsin/EDTA or EDTA. Inexpensive and effective,
frequently without
damaging cell surface epitopes:
Limited loss of nine tumor-associated surface
antigenic determinants
after tryptic cell dissociation.
Cytometry. 1995 Mar 1;19(3):267-72.
Best regards,
Willem Corver

"Jonni S. Moore" <moorej at mail.med.upenn.edu>
we've had good luck with 5mM EDTA to remove the
adherent cells..just
>add to flask, let sit for a bit at room temp (may
have to do a few
>minutes at 37 if RT doesn't work. Immediately after
the cells come
>off, transfer to cold EDTA containing staining buffer
and continue
>with staining being sure to keep cold..this should
work for you..
jonni

"Ruth Bates" <r.l.bates at bham.ac.uk>
I've found scraping works best with kidney
epithelials, people have
published using just EDTA with the same cells as I use
but in my hands
they won't come off even after an hour.
If your cells aren't too precious try EDTA first, then
scrape.

Ruth L Bates BSc(Hons) MSc PhD
Renal Research
Dept of Medicine