FACSAria service

Stingley, Robin L StingleyRobinL at uams.edu
Tue Nov 1 19:06:37 EST 2005

Dear flow community,

For those of you with a FACSAria-do you feel that you get the same
quality of service with the Aria that you do with your other BD
instruments?	I'm assuming that Aria users all have a service contract,
given its difficult beginning.	Am I mistaken?  I realize that BD has
been working to create fixes for the specific instrument problems and
after a few updates, I'm not having nearly as many problems as I did
early on.  This message is not really to gripe about the instrument
itself, but to find out how others feel about the support for it.  Do
you find the tech support to be helpful?  Are your problems resolved in
a timely manner?  Do you ever feel that you've been completely forgotten
and find yourself calling tech support multiple times to get a problem
solved?  Has the person that "will be calling you ASAP" ever actually
called you?

The service contract for the Aria is somewhere in the range of twice
that for the Calibur, as I'm sure it should be due to the differences in
cost and complexity.  However, I often feel that I get much better
service in the rare event that I have a problem with the Calibur.  Is
this an unreasonable comparison?  I realize that the Calibur has been
out there for a long time and the Aria is still relatively new, but
shouldn't the service still be comparable?

I'm not trying to gripe about a particular person, and have no trouble
with the engineers who have been here, but I'm confused by the overall
difference in response between issues with the Calibur and those with
the Aria.

Thanks in advance for any comments,

Robin

Robin Stingley, Ph.D.

Flow Cytometry Core Facility

Department of Microbiology and Immunology

Slot 511, Rm B504

4301 West Markham Street

Little Rock, Arkansas 72205

Phone:	501-686-6927

E-mail:  StingleyRobinL at uams.edu

http://www.uams.edu/flowcytometry/ <http://www.uams.edu/flowcytometry/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.