re-installing DIVA

Pizzo,Eugene Pizzo at NSO1.UCHC.EDU
Tue Nov 1 10:14:16 EST 2005

Hi Simon,

I haven't found this to be too difficult a task if you install all the
programs, the database, java, and DIVA all at the same time from the
same installer. I have had issues in attempting to reinstall a
previously saved database into an upgrade of DIVA but that happened
because I installed a copied database without doing the "official"
back-up and restore from within the database management software, and I
consequently failed to copy over all the necessary files. I'd install
4.1.2 DIVA which is the latest I think, and then I'd install SpySweeper
or some such, which works great for us.

Gene

Manager, Flow Cytometry Facility
UCONN Health
Farmington, CT. 06032
http://flowcytometry.uchc.edu
860 679 7567

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Monard [mailto:smonard at trudeauinstitute.org]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 4:45 PM
To: cyto-inbox
Subject: re-installing DIVA

It finally happened, the Windows 2000 OS broke.
Can someone explain to me how to re-install DIVA 4.0.1.2. on my FACS
Vantage DIVA. I would like to do a clean system install then load the
software. I planned to do this months ago because of all the spyware
I've collected.
Thanks for any help

Simon Monard
Trudeau Institute