FCS files and software compatability

A.J. Rossini rossini at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 1 00:33:15 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Mr Simon Corrie wrote:

> So finally my questions are:

> 2) Can someone give me a reference to help me learn how to set up my
> statistical analysis in R? ie maybe the most recent guide to rflowcyt
> if thats what people are using or an easier method? (I can code in
> matlab.....R frankly looks scary with a lack of reference material..)

Depends on what you need.  I recall that I never quite personally tested the DIVA files,
though I thought someone at Case Western had gotten that to work.  Since you are visiting
Seattle, you might talk with the group at the Hutch that has continued RFlowCyt
development.

RFlowCyt was designed to interrogate in detail, small numbers of runs (small depends on
the computer you've got -- if you have a 64Gb server, small isn't small).

You'll have to describe your proposed statistical analysis if you want help setting it
up.

best,
-tony

A.J. Rossini