PCNA stainingh

RAJA ALAMELU alameluraja at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 00:02:44 EST 2005

Dear FLOWers,

We have obtained PCNA set from B-D for measuring the proliferating cells. The product
sheet does not provide much information. We used the reagent as an intracellular stain in
6-day antigen stimulated culture. While BrdU is giving 46% positivity, there are no PCNA
positive cells at all.

1.	   Can any one please suggest a protocol for PCNA staining?

2.	   At what time should we measure PCNA?

3.	   What differential information can it give as compared to BrdU?

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

Alamelu Raja

Dr. Alamelu Raja, Deputy Director,