Dissociation of lymph nodes for dendritic cell analysis by flow

Ronald Rabin rrabin at helix.nih.gov
Fri Aug 26 12:24:13 EST 2005

This is a protocol that I have used for dispersion of cells from
human tonsil.  I have recovered DC from the tonsil using this
protocol.  I think I got it from Y-J Liu's papers on human DC subsets.

ron

On Aug 24, 2005, at 3:48 PM, Cheryl_H_Dean at bd.com wrote:

> I am trying to determine migration of rates of DC to DLN by flow  in a
> porcine model. The mechanical method I have been using, grinding
> over a
> mesh screen, has been disrupting the DC.  I need a method,
> mechanical or
> enzymatic, that will allow  complete dissociation of the node into
> a single
> cell suspension without disrupting or stripping the cell surface
> markers of
> the DC allowing me to quantitate the number of DC and the number of
> lymphocytes.	I am targeting the inguinal nodes of the pig.
>
> Regards,
> Cheryl Dean
>  (Embedded image moved to file:
>  pic05628.gif)
>  Cheryl Dean
>  Scientist / Advanced Drug Delivery
>  BD Technologies
>  21 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC
>  27709 USA
>  tel: (919) 597-6379	  fax: (919) 597-6400
>  E-mail: cheryl_h_dean at bd.com    Website:
>  www.bd.com

> **************************************************  IMPORTANT
> MESSAGE FOR
> RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A: This message may constitute an
> advertisement of BD
> group's products or services or a solicitation of interest in
> them.  If
> this is such a message and you would like to opt out of receiving
> future
> advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please forward
> this
> e-mail to the optoutbygroup at bd.com.
> **************************************************  This message
> (which
> includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated
> recipient(s).
> It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be
> subject
> to attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality protections.
> If you
> are not a designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or
> distribute
> this message.  If you receive this is in error, please notify the
> sender by
> reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank You
> **************************************************  Corporate
> Headquarters
> Mailing Address:  BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) 1 Becton Drive
> Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 U.S.A.
>
> <pic05628.gif>

Ronald L. Rabin, M.D.
Senior Staff Fellow
Laboratory of Immunobiochemistry
DBPAP/OVRR
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
29 Lincoln Drive (MSC-4555)
Building 29, Room 129
Bethesda, MD   20892-4555