IFN far red tandem conjugates: responses

Prussin, Calman (NIH/NIAID) CPRUSSIN at niaid.nih.gov
Wed May 12 10:57:20 EST 2004

Below are the two responses I got. We ended up using PE/Cy7 with good
results. I also see now that PHGM has anti-hu IFN in Alexa 700. Regarding
comment #2 & compensation: PharMingen and likely others as well, have
compensation beads (compbeads) that can be used for compensating tandem
conjugates that recognize dim or rare markers.	  Calman
----------------
1. APC-Cy7 IFNg from BD works pretty well for me.   I am using MoFlo with
a minor modification to bring up a signal generated by a Red Diode
laser (620-690).  It is not as bright as PE or FITC-anti-IFNg but a
proportion is very much within a statistical range.

2. We have pharmingen IFNg PECy7, and it is very good.	My only concern is
with compensation.  There is lot to lot variability on compensation of the
acceptor (e.g. cy5) against the donor (PE).  If you are dealing with tiny
populations, such as allergen specific responses, you might not have enough
cells to compensate.  Gamma is not that much of a problem for obvious
reasons.  Of course, biotin-avidin is a way to go as well, and since you can
use zenon, which changed your life, it is an option.

New NIAID disclaimer!: The information in this e-mail and any of its
attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information.  It
should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete
it from your mailbox or any other storage devices.  The National Institute
of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) shall not accept liability for
any statements that are the senders own and not expressly made on behalf of
the NIAID by one of its representatives.