malarial parasites protocol

Moss, Delynn M. DMM3 at CDC.GOV
Sat Jun 26 09:04:31 EST 2004

Ann,

You might want to consider the vital dye hyroethidine, which is converted metabolically
by active cells to ethidium that can be detected by FL-1 and FL-2 on a FACScan.  You can
distinguish ring stages from schizont stages.  Use log in both FSC and SSC.  The former
on a FACScan set at E-1 Voltage and Gain set at 1.00.  See Ya Ping Shi et al.  1999.
Diferential effect and interaction of monocytes, hyperimmune sera, and

Good luck.

Delynn Moss
Centers for Disease Control
Division of Parasitic Diseases