regarding question use of immunohistochemistry antibodies for Flo w

Price, Mary Mary.Price at chw.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:23:31 EST 2004

Hi Everyone
Thanks so much for all the great responses but I realize that I am not being
specific enough so I went to the PI and got some specifics that one person
asked about. Here they are:
The target is Crystallin alpha b (CRYAB) (intracellular protein-member of
heat shock gene family)
They are using cells as the target
Using a monoclonal Ab to CRYAB with the secondary being horse-anti mouse
FITC
Using the BD cytofix/cytoperm kit
I have a PI that is doing intracellular staining for immunohistochemistry
and wanted to try them on the flow instead of the scope. Unfortunately this
antibody is not tested for flow and there is not one readily available for
this purpose. My question is can this be translated into a flow procedure
using this type of antibody? And if so, is there anything special we need to
do to make it work for this purpose?
I appreciate all the great replies I have received so far and for the ones
to come
Thanks for all the help
Mary Price