Sorting - LS threshold?

Howard Shapiro hms at shapirolab.com
Fri Jun 18 17:07:13 EST 2004

Ray Hester wrote:

>One more question about sorting - does it matter whether or not you
>increase the forward light scatter threshold (to block out dead/debris
>events) during the sort?  I seem to remember from somewhere that it was
>best to leave the FS threshold low, i.e., open as opposed to closed, but
>have forgotten the logic.

If you leave the threshold low, dead cells and debris register as events
and will be excluded from a sort if you have anticoincidence logic. If you
set the threshold high, the dead cells and debris become invisible to the
system and, if they end up in a drop containing a wanted cell, they will be
sorted along with it.

-Howard