Re.Live/Dead-Assay

Juergen Ostwald juergen.ostwald at med.uni-rostock.de
Fri Jun 18 00:23:57 EST 2004

I think it depends on the wavelenghts and filters you are using. I work
with this kit using an UV-microscope. If  cells after treatment by this
Life/Dead-Assay are observed with an excitation of 450-490 nm one can
observe bright green cells (alive) and	cells with  reduced green light
and weak red light (cells starting to be dead). If the same cell are
observed with an exitation through a BP-filter of  546 nm the formerly
green cells are invisible and the  cells with  reduced green light and
weak red light now are in a bright red light.

Dr.J.Ostwald
ENT-Clinic
University Rostock
Germany