Molecular Probes Live/Dead Kit

Pyle, Robert H Robert.Pyle at stjude.org
Tue Jun 15 10:37:00 EST 2004

Is anyone using the Molecular Probes Live/Dead, Viability/Cytotoxicity
Kit?  We are trying to put into place a viability procedure that
measures metabolic activity as well as membrane integrity.  This would
replace our usual trypan blue testing.	We have tried this kit with a
FACS Calibur and have problems with dual expressing cells which
Molecular Probes technical assistance has told me should not exist.  I
suspected compensation issues but no amount of compensation resolves the
problem.  If someone out there has any experience with this kit I would
love to ask some questions.

Thanks,

R. Haywood Pyle, MS, MT(ASCP), QCYM
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital