EXPIRED ANTIBODIES FOR FLOW

Maciej Simm simm at cd4cd8.com
Mon Jun 14 12:47:21 EST 2004

I have to admit to occasionally having used expired BD antibodies for
research projects. The only conjugate dye that seems to age faster than
the rest of the lot is PerCP. I actually had a 2-years-out-of-date PE
labeled anti-CD3 antibody that would look very close when titrated
against a brand new lot (geometric mean were 5-10% lower but the
frequency was less than 5% off).

I don't recommend that anyone uses expired reagents, but my findings
were very encouraging. I expect some of the big guns on the list will
have a list of cons, so please consider those as well!

Maciej Simm