EXPIRED ANTIBODIES FOR FLOW

J. Paul Robinson jpr at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu
Mon Jun 14 13:05:28 EST 2004

Re: expired antibodies:
I won't comment on the other uses, but my lab is always
grateful for the expired antibodies we receive occassionally
- we use them for teaching graduate classes and medical
students. We always test them to make sure they work. This
is fine for a teaching role - I will let others comment on the
issues in clinical diagnostics.

It's one of the "useful" aspects of expired antibodies as it
reduces the cost of our teaching prorgam a lot.
regards
paul robinson
Purdue

On 11 Jun 2004 at 18:48, Margaret Wilcock wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> What is the consensus about expired antibodies and flow cytometry -
> and is there a use for those that are expired.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.
>
> Margaret

J.Paul Robinson, PhD		 PH:(765)4940757
Professor of Immunopharmacology