Murine macrophages and dendritic cells

arial@higiene.edu.uy arial at higiene.edu.uy
Thu Jun 10 09:18:04 EST 2004

Hi to everyone.

I would like to post a question aboute surface markes on murine DC and
macrophages.  I wanted to know if murine macrophages, isolated from lung
samples have any expresion of surface MHC II and CD11c. The problem is I
am interested in identifying lung dendritic cells, and I do so by double
labelling with these two markers, that is I consider the lung dendritic
cell population as the double positive cells. Is is true that these cell
are only DC ?? or do macrophages also express this two markers ??

Thanks to everyone that could help me on this issue.
Analía