CBA versus flowcytomix

Diane.R.Connor@gsk.com Diane.R.Connor at gsk.com
Wed Jun 9 07:14:24 EST 2004

Manuel,

I have not used the Flowcytomix, but I have installed and used the BD
Cytometric Bead Array.	It is a very user-friendly system, where reagents,
hardware, and software are all included.

Depending on the assay chosen, the software will either provide a
quantitative estimate of analyte concentration for assays of eight beads
or fewer, or will give a qualitative, positive/negative analysis for mouse
isotyping assays based on a user-defined cutoff value.

Remember, this multiplex system at this time only analyzes up to 8
analytes at a time, so depending on your needs, you may or may not choose
this system.

I had no difficulties running serum, supernatants, and mouse ear
homogenates.

I hope this information is helpful.

Diane R. Connor
Sr. Scientist
GlaxoSmithKline
Protein Agents & Human Gene Therapy
Diane_R_Connor at gsk.com
Phone:	1-610-270-7650
Fax:  1-610-270-5381

"Manuel Comabella Lopez" <mcomabel at vhebron.net>

08-Jun-2004 10:12

	cc:
	Subject:	CBA versus flowcytomix

Dear Flowers,
We are highly interested in setting up the determination of several
cytokines in supernatants from cell cultures. We are awared of two
commercially available		 flow cytometry based kits that work on a
similar
way: the CBA from Becton Dickinson, and the Flowcytomix from Bender
MedSystems (Innogenetics). Could anyone enlighten us about which one
works better in terms of user-friendliness, sensitivity, and
reproducibility?

Best regards,
Manuel Comabella
Clinical Neuroimmunology Unit