BrdU staining and surface antigen

Sandra Aresta saresta at hybrigenics.fr
Mon Jun 7 06:47:47 EST 2004

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to measure cell proliferation by flow cytometry in cells
transfected with a membrane protein. However, I cannot denature my DNA
to expose BrdU with HCl, because I loose the membrane staining. I've
tried to use DNase instead but it has been difficult to optimise (the
DNA gets too degraded, even with low amounts of DNase). Could anyone
suggest a solution?

I've seen that Phoenix Flow Systems sells a kit that should enable to
combine BrdU and other antigens detection, named "Absolute-S". There is
another kit from BD, "BrdU Flow kit", that is supposed to work as well.
Does anyone know these, and if they work OK?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sandra

Sandra Aresta, PhD

Biotechnology