ask the Profis

rafaelnr rafaelnr at uic.edu
Fri Jun 4 20:41:56 EST 2004

Dear Flowers, I want to pass on a couple of questions that a professor in our
department forward to me.
How much time is needed to clean the lines of a sorter between samples in
order to minimize the carry over? 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes,
one hour , two hours, one day?
Is it needed to run alignment beads and realignment the instrument between
each sample during a multiple samples sort procedure?
How often during a long sort do you check the side streams and the drop delay?
I appreciate very much all your comments and suggestions
Yours Rafael

Dr. Rafael Nunez MD.
Assistant Professor in Medicine-Hematology/Oncology and Pathology
Director UIC-Cancer Center Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Hematology-Oncology Section, Department of Medicine
Department of Pathology
University of Illinois at Chicago
MBRB, Room 3211/3168, M/C 734
900 South Ashland Ave.