Pharma/Biotech Cytometry Group

McCoy, J. Philip (NIH/NHLBI) mccoyj at NHLBI.NIH.GOV
Tue Jun 1 16:54:12 EST 2004

 The Clinical Cytometry Society is having a session on Flow Cytometry
Biomarkers at our annual meeting in Long Beach, CA this October. This
session might be of interest to the Biotech/Pharma folks. CCS welcomes the
participation of these cytometrists at our meeting and in our society. For
more information go to www.cytometry.org

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Marder
To: cyto-inbox
Sent: 6/1/2004 11:53 AM
Subject: Pharma/Biotech Cytometry Group

At the recent ISAC XXII Congress, a small group of participants got
together to discuss
the possibility of forming a Pharma/Biotech Cytometry Group.

Some of the ideas behind forming this group include:  raising the
external profile of
Pharma/Biotech scientists, providing a forum for discussion for the
special technical,
scientific, and regulatory issues that face this group.  The initial
focus will be on
flow cytometry, cell sorting, and high content cell biology in the
Pharma/Biotech
environment.   Possibilities for other group functions are also on the
table.	Initial
funding has already been pledged by interested vendors.   The detailed
nature of how this
group will eventually operate is still in its formative stages.

Please send back an email if you would like to be included on the
distribution list for
learning more about the group.	If you know anyone else who might be
interested, please
pass this note on to them.

best regards,
Phil Marder