Boston Users Group for Cytometry / CFAR HIV Meeting Announcement

Konz, Richard Richard.Konz at umassmed.edu
Fri Jul 30 09:09:28 EST 2004

Greetings everyone:
On behalf of the organizing committee for the Boston Users Group for
Cytometry [BUG], I am pleased to announce our all day Fall 2004 meeting
which will be cosponsored by the BUG and the Harvard Medical School
Center for AIDS Research. This full day meeting will take place on 5
October, 2004 from 9:00am to 5:30pm at the new Research Building and
Conference Center at Harvard Medical in Boston, MA.
http://www.theconfcenter.hms.harvard.edu/
The topic of this meeting is "Immunity and Immune Function in AIDS -
Cytometric Methods".   We are very fortunate to have a panel of
internationally recognized experts in the field speaking at our meeting:
Paul Johnson		New England Regional Primate Center, Harvard
Medical School
Holden Maecker	BD Biosciences, San Jose, CA
Frank Mandy		National Laboratory for HIV Immunology, Ottawa,
Ontario
Howard Shapiro	Howard Shapiro PC, Newton, MA
Bruce Walker		Director, Partners AIDS Research Center [CFAR],
Harvard Medical School
Another first for this meeting will be a poster presentation session in
the afternoon after our last talk.  Attendees and vendors are encouraged
to submit posters for review.  Poster size should be limited to 24" Wide
and 36" High.  Deadline for submission is 17 September, 2004.  Please
submit posters via email to  richard.konz at umassmed.edu	  The poster
presentations will be held in the vendor area on the first floor in
conjunction with a wine / beer and cheese reception.
To register, send a check in the amount of $50.00 per attendee made
payable to "The Boston Users Group for Cytometry" to the address below.
Receipts will be available at the meeting registration booth.  Please
include your email address [clearly printed] for confirmation of
registration.  On site registration is not permitted.  Registration will
close on 24 September, 2004, so please register early.
The speakers and venue promise to make this one of our most successful
meetings, so register early and mark your calendars for this important
conference. You can also go to the Boston Users Group for Cytometry
website for updates as well.	 http://www.bostoncytometry.org/
We look forward to seeing you in October.
My very best regards,
-Rich

Richard F. Konz, Jr.
President, Boston Users Group for Cytometry
And...
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Medicine
Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility