B-cell Markers on EBV Transformed B-Cell lines

Zand, Martin Martin_Zand at URMC.Rochester.edu
Thu Jul 1 07:54:08 EST 2004

Dale,
Are you looking for a marker of EBV infection, or simply a B cell specific
marker that is stable across EBV B cell lines?	If the latter, two things
may work.  (1) Try staining with a polyclonal anti- kappa and lambda light
chain (Jackson sells an Fab2 version that has low background) or (2) try HLA
DR/DQ (pharmingen).  We have found these to be more consistent as long as
the EBV lines are made in the lab.  If they are from patients, you may have
some plasmacytoma like lines that will down regulate surface Ig and MHC
Class II.
Hope this helps.
Martin
Martin S. Zand, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Medical Director, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Programs
Nephrology Unit
University of Rochester Medical Center
601 Elmwood Ave - Box 675
Rochester, NY 14642