Aria ideal max. sort rate w/ viable cells

Marty Bigos mbigos at gladstone.ucsf.edu
Tue Jan 13 18:46:02 EST 2004

If you look at the tech specs (can be donwloaded from the BD website)
the max analysis rate for 8 par is 70K/sec;slower if more parameters.

Sort rate (70 psi, 90 kHz drop drive) at 25K/sec, 98% purity, 80% of
poisson theoretical yield.

I think that the sort rate has been confused with the analysis rate
(perhaps even by BD).

You can sort faster than the spec, but the yield will drop.

Marty

Marty Bigos
Director, Flow Core
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology
Building 3 SFGH Rm 509
415-695-3832