His tag antibody

Peter Nagy pnagy at gwdg.de
Thu Feb 26 14:02:29 EST 2004

Hi Flowers,
We transiently transfect cells with a 6His-tagged protein, and would like
to stain them with an anti-His antibody in flow cytometry. We plan to use
formaldehyde-fixed cells. We have checked several anti-His antibodies from
different companies, but they never really spell out if the antibody works
on formaldehyde-fixed cells, only on native proteins and methanol-fixed
cells for immunofluorescence labeling and on denatured epitope for
westerns. Does anyone have experience with an anti-His tag antibody that
works on formaldahyde-fixed cells?
Thanks,
Peter