CPT codes

Icardi, Michael michael-icardi at uiowa.edu
Tue Dec 14 12:38:56 EST 2004

I think mixing AP codes with CP codes is risky.

86359, 86360, 86064 give slightly better technical reimbursement than
88185 (so it could appear that you are upcoding), and you cannot attach
a professional code to them whether you look at them or not.  Billing
88185 without an 88184 is like billing subsequent frozen sections,
without an initial frozen section.  That will certainly send out a red
flag.

Michael S. Icardi MD.
University of Iowa Hospital
Dept. of Pathology