antibodies into viable cells

ray hester rhester at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Tue Mar 26 12:43:40 EST 2002

Dear group,

The following was sent to me directly so thought I would pass it along.

Hi Ray,
A colleague passed your question from the cytometry listserve on to me
and I thought I'd reply with a novel method I came across recently.
Feel free to post it.  In a recent Nature Biotechnology article (Morris
MC, Depollier J, Mery J, Heitz F, Divita G. A peptide carrier for the
delivery of biologically active proteins into mammalian cells. Nat
Biotechnol. 2001 Dec;19(12):1173-6.) they linked a couple of different
Abs to a Pep1 fragment, a protein transduction domain, and successfully
got them into cells.  High efficiency, low toxicity.
Regards,
Mark

C. Mark Lies, Ph.D.
Technical Marketing Scientist