Long-term GFP expression without selection

jack jjwang at ucla.edu
Mon Mar 25 13:20:21 EST 2002

Dear Flowers:

Can anyone suggest a GFP vector which can stay stably in dividing cells for a long time (such as 1 month) without G418 or other selection? We want to try an in vivo study and need the information about the dynamic change of targeted cell number. The GFP vector we tried is with CMV promoter and the percentage of GFP(+) cells (PC-3) goes down very fast when cultured in dishes without selection (even we cultured them from a single cell). Any suggestion is deeply appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Jack