Sort Sterility

Michael Hughes MHughes at picr.man.ac.uk
Tue Mar 26 07:19:56 EST 2002


Hello all,
	I posted a question last November about the sterility of sorts soon
after we had upgraded our Vantage to an 'SE'. Thanks again to all who
replied with advice. For those who may be interested, here is our solution.
	We started by flushing all the lines with 10% Milton. This helped
but there was still contamination left in the system so we got the BD
engineer to change all the sheath and sample tubing. This has solved our
problems but we now fit on a new autoclaved sheath filter daily. We also use
sterile PBS in the sheath tank which we change daily. If we are using the
Turbosort we use a high pressure millipore sheath filter which can be
autoclaved and unlike th Pall Filter, it will last indefinately. If anyone
would like more information on this feel free to let me know.

Regards, Mike Hughes
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed.  Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the Paterson Institute For Cancer Research or the Christie Hospital
NHS Trust. It may contain information that is privileged & confidential
within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or any of its contents,
by any person other than the intended recipient may constitute a breach of
civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are NOT the
intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail as
soon as possible.



More information about the Cytometry mailing list