getting antibodies into viable cells

Susan Zunino szunino at biologie.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Mar 22 06:21:10 EST 2002

Dear Ray,
        Active Motif (Carlsbad, CA) has a reagent called "Chariot" that
they claim can introduce proteins (including antibodies) into live cells.
Tel. 877 222-9543 (toll free) or 760 431-1351.  I have not tried it yet,
but if anyone out there has, I would like to know if it really works.  Best
regards.

Greetings,

A recent discussion on the Confocal Listserv, concerning DAPI staining of
viable cells, prompts me to send the following from a colleague:

Is there a way to deliver antibodies, or their fragments, into viable cells?
We have heard of using liposomes, but wondered if perhaps newer techniques
have emerged.

Thanks.

Ray Hester
Univ. of South Alabama