FITC vs Alexa 488

Laird Bloom LBloom at Phylos.com
Fri Mar 22 09:08:27 EST 2002

The difference is very clear in fluorescence microscopy:  FITC bleaches
significantly faster than Alexa 488.  We haven't compared the same antibody
conjugated both ways, but among commercially-available secondary reagents,
Alexa 488 conjugates seem a bit brighter in the flow cytometer too.

Laird Bloom

Phylos, Inc.
128 Spring St.
Lexington, MA  02421