soluble CD4

Otten, Gillis Gillis_Otten at chiron.com
Tue Mar 12 14:14:10 EST 2002

 We would like to stain cells (plasma membrane or intracellular) for the
HIV-1 env antigen and count the positives by flow cytometry and we need a
reagent that binds equally well to a variety of env sequences from different
clades and to engineered variants of env, e.g., full-length gp160 or
shortened, e.g., gp140 extracellular domain.  I was thinking that
fluorochrome-conjugated soluble human CD4 might be suitable for this
application.  The alternative would be a broadly cross-reactive monoclonal
anti-env antibody.  Does anyone know of a good commercial source of soluble
human CD4 (purified or fluorochrome-conjugated) or anti-env monoclonal
antibody that might work for us? Thanks.

Gib Otten
Chiron Corp.
4560 Horton St., M/S 4.3
Emeryville, CA	94608