anti-STAT staining

Andrew D. Wells adwells at mail.MED.UPENN.EDU
Tue Mar 12 08:53:12 EST 2002

Calman,

We were able to detect phospho-STAT5 quite nicely by flow cytometry in
murine T cells stimulated with IL-2 using Zymed¹s anti-phospho-STAT5 reagent
and a formaldehyde/methanol fixation procedure.  The method and data are
published in the Journal of Immunology 165:2432, 2000.  I think the company
claims reactivity to both mouse and human, but we¹ve only tried mouse.  Most
of these phospho-acceptor domains are conserved between mouse and human.
Let me know if you need further details.

Andrew

--

Andrew D. Wells, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor