differences in blood collection

MIGUEL-ANGEL PERALES mperales at OPAL.TUFTS.EDU
Thu Mar 7 16:03:50 EST 2002

Not exactly a flow question, but somewhat relevant: We recently did a
study looking at T cell responses to a vaccine by Tetramer. Some
patients had green tops collected and others underwent leukapheresis.  It
seemed that T cell responses were higher in green top samples.  We didn't
compare the 2 methods in the same patient however.  Has anyone had a
similar experience or tested this?  Also, has anyone compared T cell
reponses in samples collected in green top vs, CPT tubes.

Thanks,

Miguel Perales