red cell and platelet markers

Ian_DIMMICK@europe.bd.com Ian_DIMMICK at europe.bd.com
Tue Mar 5 13:16:34 EST 2002

 I mostly use CD71, Glycophorin A for red cells , but always found the
cytochemical demonstration of block positivity by a Periodic Acid Schiff
reagent to be very useful (intracellular components usually precede
extracellular components , as a rule of thumb)
     In terms of platelet markers I prefer CD41a or CD61 , but again
Immunocytochemistry is occasionally worthwhile just in case you have cells
that have platelets adhering to the surface as a artefact.

Hope this helps Ian