mouse macrophages

Jarek Baran jarekbaran at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:17:06 EST 2002

Dear Flowers,

I have been started a new project dealing with mouse macrophages, although
so far I have used in my studies only human cells. I am trying to stimulate
mouse macrophages to produce IL-10 and IL-12 which I want to detect as a
intracellular form by the use of flow cytometry. I am using a standard
Pharmingen protocol with IFNg preactivation and subsequent LPS stimulation
for 24, 48h. Unfortunately, I can detect very small (5%) amount of IL-12
positive macrophages and none of IL-10 positive. Could you give me any
working protokol for intracellular detection of these cytokines in mice?
Thank you in advance,

Jarek Baran, Ph.D.
Dept.of Pathology
J.G.Brown Cancer Center