Intracytoplasmic kappa /lambda staining

Ierachmiel Daskal daskali at
Fri Jul 20 08:14:56 EST 2001

Hello Flowers:
I wonder if any  one has some experience with the kappa /lambda preparation on
permeabilized cells ( Intraprep) for determinig cytoplasmic expression of the light
chains and hence clonality ( restriction) in B cells. It seems that occasionally,
a preparation artifact occurs where only one light chain is expressed in otherwise
polyclonal populations of B cells. Commonly we use the Intraprep when surface  labeling
is very dim or negative. The common combination is CD45/CD19/kappa/lambda.  The CD19
is ususally the fourth color-PC5
I would appreciate some comments on this problem