Robust cells

Elaine Kunze mek4 at
Thu Jul 19 14:42:55 EST 2001

One of my researchers has a new invention, and needs a biological test
system to establish some general parameters.

He does not seek publication data, but rather a flavor of what the approach
can do.

He needs a robust mammalian cell line which grows as a suspension culture,
that can
be grown in a "flow through  container" that he has made.   Ideally, it
would grow
with minimal problems with CO2 [but they can work around that], can take
antibiotics so
that handling does not have to be perfect, and ideally has an inducible
gene so
that we can grow, induce product formation, stop product formation
etc.--with the product easily measured by antibody or chemical methods.

Any suggestions?

         Elaine Kunze
         Flow Cytometry.....Image Analysis...
         Life Sciences Consortium