Rhesus Exclusive Antibodies

mandy cromwell mandy_cromwell at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 19 12:18:57 EST 2001

Biosource International http://www.biosource.com/ has an anti-CD3
clone that doesn't recognize human or other Hominoidea species. Your
colleage could use this for the T  cell hybridomas. I'm sorry I don't
have a suggestion for a B cell-specific Ab.
Good luck,

Mandy Cromwell

>Hello Everyone!
>A colleague of mine is looking for a way to differentiate human cells
>from rhesus cells (they are B and T cell hybrid cell lines).  She was
>wondering if there are any antibodies that are exclusive for rhesus.
>She's got antibodies that stain only human cells, but would like a
>rhesus exclusive antibody as a control for her experiement.  She is
>looking for a way to exclude the possibility of cross contamination
>between the human and rhesus cell lines.
>Thanks to all for reading this,

Mandy A. Cromwell, Ph.D.
Research Fellow
Harvard Medical School
Department of Immunology
New England Regional Primate Research Center
One Pine Hill Drive
Southborough, MA 01772