Position Available: Flow Cytometry Scientist

Daniel Emerling emerling at renovis.com
Thu Jul 12 18:13:24 EST 2001

Renovis is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on neurological disorders
and psychiatric disease, using a combination of novel genomics and
cell-based assay technologies coupled with expertise in informatics and
neurobiology for the identification of small molecules and protein

Renovis offers competitive salaries, benefits, and stock options.

Renovis, Inc.
Flow Cytometry Scientist

South San Francisco, California, USA

We are looking for a creative, highly motivated individual to join our cell
isolation team to design and perform cell purifications using our Cytomation
MoFlo cell sorter.  You will be creatively engaged in challenging research,
developing new protocols and customizing equipment in order to purify cells
from tissue sources uncommonly used for flow cytometry.

o A BS/BA degree or higher in cell biology, neurobiology, immunology or a
related biotechnology field, as well as excellent interpersonal and
communications skills.  An advanced degree is beneficial but not required.
o Minimum 2 years experience with high-throughput cell sorting is required,
preferably using Cytomation flow cytometers. In addition, the candidate
should have experience with tissue culture (neuronal cell culture is a plus)
along with one or more of the following skills: tissue dissection and
dissociation, culture of primary cells, fluorescence microscopy, and/or
image analysis.
o The ability to develop new protocols independently in a short time frame
for novel sources of cell material and the drive to work interactively with
the vendor on equipment modifications and improvements.
o Experience with multiple computer platforms, basic database use, and team
management is beneficial.

In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, we offer stock

Equal Opportunity Employer.

How to Respond:
Please note: Job code FACS-N-REN is required for all communications
regarding this position at Renovis, Inc.

Via Email
recruiting at renovis.com
emerling at renovis.com

Via Mail