Lipemic Samples

Haywood Pyle haywoodp at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 16:35:09 EST 2000

On occasions I might receive samples that range from mild to gross lipemia.
The lipemia interferes greatly with the flow cytometric analysis.  In the
past I have tried washing techniques to remove the lipid prior to staining.
I was wondering if anyone else has encountered lipemic specimens for flow
analysis and how they have dealt with them.  I would appreciate anyone elses
war stories.

Thanks

Haywood Pyle
Section Head, Immunopathology and Flow Cytometry
Department of Pathology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Memphis, TN