plasma cell characterization

Anja Porwit Anja.Porwit at ks.se
Fri Sep 29 02:19:42 EST 2000

Hello,
In our experience normal/reactive plasma cells have always weak expression
of CD19. They are CD45 neg., SIg neg and cyt.Ig polyclonal. Myeloma cells
are often CD19 negative and can sometimes express CD20.The expression of
CD45 varies from neg. to dim and SIg can be sometimes monoclonal/positive.
Kind regards
Anna

At 15:41 2000-09-27 -0400, you wrote:

> F Preffer
>

>  At 06:05 PM 9/25/00 +0200, Jean-François MAYOL wrote:
> Hello Flowers,
>
> Could anyone tell me what are the forward and side scatter characterictics
>of peripheral blood plasma cell (in comparison with lympho).
> Does they express surface immunoglobulin (sIgG or sIgM) ?
>
> Any information will be greatly appreciate.
>

> __________________oooooOOOOOooooo______________________
>
> Jean-François MAYOL
> Unité de RadioHématologie Expérimentale
> Centre de Recherches du Service de Santé des Armées
> 24, av des maquis du Grésivaudan
> BP 87
> 38702 LA TRONCHE CEDEX
> France
>
> jeffmayol at hotmail.com
> Tel. : + 33 4 76 63 97 54
> Fax : + 33 4 76 63 69 22
>

> Frederic I. Preffer Department of Pathology Charlestown Navy Yard- 7140
>Massachusetts General Hospital East Charlestown, MA 02129
>      [617] 726-7481        [617] 724-3164
Anna Porwit
Hematopathology Lab.
Department of Pathology