plasma cell characterization

Frederic Preffer preffer at helix.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:41:32 EST 2000

We usually locate plasma cells[ in bone marrow aspirates] in an area with
slightly greater forward scatter and approximately the same right angle
scatter
as blood monocytes.  The vast majority of times we have looked, the cells
express no sIg, but do express cytoplasmic light chain, and are typically
CD138+CD38+CD45-, without CD19 or CD20.

F Preffer

 At 06:05 PM 9/25/00 +0200, Jean-François MAYOL wrote:

> Hello Flowers,
>
> Could anyone tell me what are the forward and side scatter
characterictics of
> peripheral blood plasma cell (in comparison with lympho).
> Does they express surface immunoglobulin (sIgG or sIgM) ?
>
> Any information will be greatly appreciate.
>

> __________________oooooOOOOOooooo______________________
>
> Jean-François MAYOL
> Unité de RadioHématologie Expérimentale
> Centre de Recherches du Service de Santé des Armées
> 24, av des maquis du Grésivaudan
> BP 87
> 38702 LA TRONCHE CEDEX
> France