CD79a distribution

Anne Avery, DVM, PHD aavery at CVMBS.COLOSTATE.EDU
Tue Sep 12 09:41:10 EST 2000

While this is not strictly a flow question, I suspect people on this
list might have some experience with this issue.  Many veterinary
pathologists use anti-human CD79a to detect B lymphocytes, usually in
cases of lymphoma.  In the original report describing one clone
(HM47), reactivity with smooth muscle and pancreas was described.
Has anyone else noted non-lymphoid tissues with reactivity to this
antibody in any species including people?  In particular we are
wondering about bone reactivity/osteosarcoma.  Thank you.

Anne Avery, VMD, PHD
Department of Pathology
Colorado State Univ
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1671, USA