Mouse lung and BAL cells, non-specific staining?

James Sean Martin jsm6n at unix.mail.virginia.edu
Fri Sep 1 18:57:49 EST 2000

Dear Fellow Flowers,
	Recently our lab has begun analyzing cells from mouse lung
mashes and BAL
washes after virus challenge. It seems that we are seeing lymphocytes or
cells in the "lymphocyte" gate display higher than normal levels and
percentage % for certain T cell activation markers using monoclonal
antibodies directly conjugated to
PE(We typically pre-block with 4G2(Fc block) before mAb staining). My
question is whether or not anyone has seen a similar effect with
mouse lung cells, and whether this might be due to non-specific PE
binding by contaminating cells in the "lymphocyte" gate.

Respectfully yours,

Jim Martin