GFP and cell cycle

Candace Enockson enockson at musc.edu
Mon Oct 2 16:30:52 EST 2000

Dear Flowers,

I have a client who wants to do cell cylce on GFP transfected cells.  Since
I do not have a sorter, I need to be able to do this on a Calibur.  She has
found some comments that claim you can do DNA with a formaldehyde fix
rather than ethanol. Is that true?  Also, I read on this list a while back
that PI may be so bright that it may overwhelm low GFP signal so 7AAD would
be the better choice.  I have not been able to find a protocol for cell
cycle with 7AAD.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Thanks,
Candace Enockson
Medical University of South Carolina