Oxidative Burst Test

Helena Mareèková helena.mareckova at lf1.cuni.cz
Tue Mar 14 08:50:19 EST 2000

We have recently started to look at oxidative burst as a means of
assesing phagocytosis. We use whole-blood method with DHR123 as a
substrate which is converting to rhodamine during oxidative burst.
Our problem is in high spontaneous metabolic activity of PMN's: in the
polypropylene tube with lithium-heparin whole blood + DHR123 +NaCl 0,9%
we have after incubation and lysis too high intensity of fluorescence
FL1. Does anyone have experiences with this problem?
Thanks for your help.
Karin Malickova
kmali at lf1.cuni.cz